445 Fourth Street
Although the original owner of this house is not known, it may have been James Gillespie, father-in-law of George Huriburt, or H. Y. Corson. Cora Hurlburt bought the house in 1894, the year after the Silver Crisis. The Hurlburt family lived here for so many years that their name is synonymous with this lovely Queen Anne Victorian structure to this day even though others have owned it. The house has a north facing bay window with a stained glass upper sash. The glass in the front door is etched with an "H" and the Parquet wood floors, high ceilings, Victorian wallpaper and period furnishings are outstanding features of this home. There are some recent additions to the house. A Victorian era wrought iron fence encircles the property and a remodeled carriage house sits at the back of the lot.