McIntyre and Raab Cabins
Two miner's cabins are adjacent to the museum's building. They are furnished with period artifacts. George McIntyre, an early prospector in the Mineral Farm area near Ouray built the McIntyre Cabin in 1878 in the area west of the Uncompahgre River, now called Oak Street. This cabin may have been the home of the first woman to live permanently in Ouray. The McIntyre cabin was moved to the Museum grounds in 1979. The Raab/Sly Cabin was located on the east side of Main Street and may have been part of Ouray's "Red Light" district. The cabin was built in 1905 and moved to the historical society's Museum in 1971.